Sunday, January 17, 2010
Forget about it, hippies

Now, usually when I think of spring I think of… Oh I don’t know, flowers and daisy chains? Maybe a few hippies frolicking around here and there, or maybe not so much frolicking but more like ‘chilling’ around. Anyhow! Christopher Kane, on the other hand, said “off with the hippies and florals” and decided to whip out *dun dun dun* NUCLEAR WAR.

Forgive me, Lard… I never thought I’d say this but, nuclear war might just be the most beautiful thing ever. Mind bowing and explosively beautiful, Christopher Kane bends images of nuclear explosions and skies to form eerily stunning prints for his resort collection ‘10. The turquoise, gray-blues, rusts, and mustard yellows look cleansing and melancholic all together. Somehow the result looks optimistic.



Alongside, Kane is continuing the branching out of his clothes. Bringing his couture concept onto street T-shirts- the result is refreshing. I’m usually not a big fan of T-shirts, but if you’re going to buy a T-shirt it better be just as visually stimulating as it is comfortable. These fine grade, drape-y jersey (unisex) T-shirts decked out with nuclear skies and explosions gives Christopher Kane well deserved street-cred (available now at Opening Ceremony online, running for $295). The following two are just two of my personal favorites of the four.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment