Sunday, January 17, 2010


In the words of Rachel Zoe: I DIE!!!!!



I was happily folding my sweaters when I decided to take a break, and boy, am I glad I took a break because I ran into something that stopped me in my tracks- a collaboration that reminded me of why I love fashion so much.

Fashion isn’t just about clothes; it’s about a lifestyle. Music is certainly a key component, for me. The connective thread for artists in a variety fields is passion, and passion is exactly what this Vogue spread evoked. Music and fashion certainly work hand in hand; punk wouldn’t be punk without (anti) fashion; Lady GaGa wouldn’t be Lady GaGa without Alexander McQueen and outlandish costumes.

Take for example this mind blowing collaboration between Vogue, Steven Meisel, and a myriad of musical artists (Vampire Weekend, Beirut, MGMT, Adam Green, Gold Silvers, and The Horrors). The result: an optimistic spread for the January ‘10 American Vogue issue. What a great way to start the year!

Beyond inspiring. I want everything those boys are wearing in my closet now.

Photos courtesy of American Vogue and Steven Meisel






0 Comments:

Post a Comment