Sunday, January 17, 2010
/



Oh Miuccia Prada, you smart cookie, you. Often times the fashion industry is described as rather shallow, and although the waters these models are wading in might be shallow- the collection is certainly not.

Miuccia is truly an insightful son of a gun; she’s got a Ph. D. in Political Science (whoa, I did not know that); she’s a powerful, insightful woman. And, a power, insightful woman is exactly what she is pushing for this season. The statement: a strong woman submerged back into nature- gladiatorial fishermen, if you will. Yet it never looks savage because of Prada’s sensual, womanly touch. FIERCE. Literally.

Strong, stiff fabrics: boiled wools, thick upholstery like fabrications, stiff leathers, and rustic furs. I’m absolutely feeling for the boots, particularly the shorter ones. And did you see the leather work embroidered with paillettes? Ridiculous. Amazing. I want. I love. Also, I have to blame Prada for my recent fetish with all things accented with red.


And maybe… Maybe the thigh high boots are just Prada’s precaution for global climate change and water levels rising? Maybe!

Campaign shot by Steven Meisel
0 Comments:

Post a Comment