Monday, April 26, 2010
Urban Decay: Book of Shadows Volume II

No, I'm not about to blog about witchcraft and spells. It's makeup time! Not all of you know this, but, every now and then I throw a festive photoshooting session. Makeup, styling, photography, photo editing and everything in between has to be planned and carried out by me; all in all, stressful but fun. I'm certainly no trained makeup artist, but why not do some reviews while I've got my hands on some fantastic makeup!

(I'm not sure if Urban Decay is carrying this product anymore, but Sephora's got it still)

Benefit and Urban Decay are ahead of the pack when it comes to makeup branding and packaging, in my opinion, especially for the ever growing market for teenagers. Their products- equally as satisfying and clever as the packaging/names. Take for example Urban Decay's Book of Shadows. My favorite names from this set: Perversion, AC/DC, Mushroom, Half Baked, Misdemeanor, Jinx, Homegrown, Midnight Cowboy Hides Again, and Ecstasy- what fun (naughty) names! The pigmentation is highly saturated shot through with shimmer and glitters. So, kids! Book of Shadows? Sounds sinister in its names, but these eye shadows derived from some enchantingly pleasant witches.



(more photos to come, soon)

Kayla (to the left) is wearing Jinx on her eyes and Perversion on her lips. Mirabelle has got on a combination of Ecstasy, Sphynx, and Mushroom on her eyes, and Half Baked on her lips.
0 Comments:

Post a Comment